Terms and conditions
From 1 November 2023 until 31 December 2023 inclusive, when you get a smart meter installed through UW, you will automatically be entered into one of two prize draws (depending on the date of your installation) to win one of the prizes set out below, if you meet the eligibility criteria.
You will automatically be entered into one prize draw only (either the November 2023 or the December 2023 prize draw), when you successfully install a smart meter through UW. Only one entry per UW account is permitted.
1. In order for you to be eligible to be automatically entered into the Winter Winners prize draw, you must:
be an existing UW customer before 1 November 2023;
be eligible to have a smart meter installed through UW*;
have received direct communication about the prize draw from UW alone;
have had a smart meter successfully installed through UW between 1 November 2023 and midnight on 31 December 2023 inclusive**;
be an existing UW energy customer before 1 November 2023, and not already have a smart meter installed at your property.
* You will only be eligible to have a smart meter installed, if UW decides that (a) you do not already have smart meter(s) installed at your property, and (b) it is possible to install a smart meter at your property. Installation may not always be possible due to technical, process or other reasons.
** Engineer appointments booked through UW for installing smart meters are limited, and there is no guarantee of an appointment being available between 1 November 2023 and 31 December 2023 inclusive. A successful meter installation is required for automatic entry into the Winter Winners prize draw. For the avoidance of doubt, booking an engineer appointment, or allowing an engineer to attend your property to install a smart meter, will not make you eligible for the Winter Winners prize draw if the engineer is unable to complete the installation successfully.
The Prize Draws and Prizes
2. Each eligible entry will have a 1/30 chance overall of winning any prize. Please refer to the list below for a comprehensive breakdown of prizes available and the corresponding odds of winning each prize:
£500 voucher for countryhotelbreaks.com - 1 in 1500 chance
Sony PlayStation 5 - 1/500 chance
Xbox Series X Console - 1/750 chance
Nintendo Switch OLED Console - 1/750 chance
Ring security system; Alarm, Doorbell + Indoor Camera (2nd Gen) - 1/600 chance
Le creuset stoneware 5-piece essential dishes set- 1/600 chance
Eufy RoboVac 30C Robot Vacuum - 1/300 chance
National Trust Family 2 adults membership - 1/200 chance
£50 Amazon gift card - 1/60 chance
Please note that UW has no commercial relationship, nor any other special relationship with any of the brands associated with the available prizes.
3. Two separate prize draws will take place: one for those who meet the eligibility criteria between 1 November 2023 and 30 November 2023 (the November prize draw), and the other for those who meet the eligibility criteria between 1 December 2023 and 31 December 2023 (the December prize draw).
4. Winners will be drawn from all of the eligible entries received for the applicable prize draws. A winner will only be selected once all eligible entries have been received for the November 2023 or December 2023 prize draw.
5. The winners will be chosen by a random draw performed by computer process.
6. The prizes for the winners are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
7. The prizes are also subject to the relevant terms and conditions of the manufacturer and/or supplier of those prizes.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. If unavailable, a prize of the same or higher value will be provided.
Winner selection and contact
9. Winners for the November prize draw will be contacted in December 2023, and winners for the December prize draw will be contacted in January 2024.
10. UW will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner using the telephone number or email address provided on the winner’s UW account. If the winner cannot be contacted, or has not claimed the prize within fourteen (14) days, UW reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible entrant in accordance with the process described above.
11. Digital prizes will be delivered to the correspondence email address on the winner’s Utility Warehouse account.
12. Physical prizes will be delivered to the name and correspondence address on the winner’s Utility Warehouse account. Standard delivery is included as part of the prizes. The prizes exclude any associated costs and expenses which may be incurred in taking up the prize, including but not limited to any supplementary product services.
13. We’ll endeavour to deliver prizes in a timely manner, and in any event no later than within 60 days of the prize draw.
14. UW reserves the right to change these terms and conditions where it becomes necessary to do so. UW reserves the right to remove or amend this promotion at any time.
15. Customers are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon having a smart meter installed through UW. UW reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
16. UW must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation UW will send the surname and county of prize winners to anyone who emails or writes to UW within one month after the draw. If you object to this information being published please let us know when we contact you about the prize. UW must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) on request.
18. In the event of any dispute, the decision of a director of UW shall be final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the prize draw.
19. UW accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, UW will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of UW. Your statutory rights are not affected.
21. This promotion is governed by English Law and customers submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
22. Promoter for this promotion: Utility Warehouse Limited (UW), Network Hq 508 Edgware Road, The Hyde, London, NW9 5AB.