Updated September 2023
1. To enter, speak to a UW Partner and complete an entry form. Entries must be completed by 2 September 2024. Only entries completed by the closing date on original prize draw form or via the official UW online application form will be valid. Illegible or altered entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid and will not be accepted. Entries are subject to verification. UW accepts no liability for any lost or delayed entries. The prize draw is free to enter.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents over 18 years of age, except existing UW customers, employees of UW and their families, agents and anyone associated with this promotion. By entering into the prize draw you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize.
3. There is a limit of one entry to the prize draw per person.
4. The winner of the prize draw will select one prize of either (1) £20,000 OR (2) up to 24 monthly payments equal to the winner’s monthly mortgage repayment subject to a maximum monthly cap of £1,000.
5. To successfully claim the monthly payments prize the winner will need to provide satisfactory evidence of: a. their existing mortgage; b. the remaining term of the mortgage; and c. the monthly repayment amount. UW will use this data solely to administer the prize and shall delete the information once this purpose has been fulfilled.
6. The monthly payments prize: (1) will be paid directly to the winner and not to their mortgage provider (2) is solely a monthly payment determined by reference to the winner’s monthly mortgage repayment amount and is not an offer by or obligation on UW to pay the winner’s mortgage (3) can be used as desired and (4) is subject to the following: a. A maximum monthly payment cap of £1,000. The monthly payment will not exceed the winner’s monthly mortgage repayment amount (i.e. if monthly repayments are £950, UW will pay £950 per month directly to the winner). If the winner’s monthly repayment changes, UW will (subject always to the cap and these terms) change the monthly prize payment accordingly - satisfactory evidence must be provided. b. A maximum of 24 months’ payment. The number of monthly payments will not exceed the winner’s mortgage term (i.e. if the remaining term is 10 months, UW will only make the monthly payment for 10 months).
7. The prize draw will take place by 30 October 2024 and be supervised by an independent person. One winner will be chosen at random.
8. UW will contact the winner using the telephone number or email address provided on the entry form. If a winner does not respond to UW within 14 days of being notified by UW, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and UW will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. UW must publish information that indicates that a valid award took place. UW will publish the surname and county of the prize winner on uw.co.uk. If you object to this information being published please let us know when we contact you about the prize. UW must still provide the information and winning entry to the ASA on request.
10. It is a condition of winning the prize that the winner must be filmed and/or have their photograph taken for UW to use for promotional purposes in relation to this prize draw.
11. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the prize draw. In the event of any dispute, the decision of a director of UW shall be final and binding on all entrants.
12. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no alternative is offered.
13. UW reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
14. Insofar as is permitted by law, UW, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or entrants or accept any liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of this prize draw or taking up the prize. The winner is solely responsible for their mortgage including, but not limited to, the repayments, charges and any other terms. No responsibility is accepted for the winner’s actions in relation to their mortgage. Your statutory rights are not affected.
15. We will handle any data submitted by you, or collected by UW or a UW Partner, in relation to this prize draw in accordance with our Privacy Notice at uw.co.uk/legal/privacy-customer.
16. Entry into the prize draw will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these T&Cs. See UW.co.uk for T&Cs and our Privacy Notice. This promotion is governed by English Law and participants submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. Utility Warehouse Limited (“UW”) Network HQ, 508 Edgware Road, London, NW9 5AB is the promoter of this prize draw.
17. Utility Warehouse Partners - completed paper entry tickets must be sent to: The Giveaway, Utility Warehouse, Network HQ, 508 Edgware Road, The Hyde, London, NW9 5AB and received by 2 September 2024 or brought to Amplify 2024.